The practices discussed in this article are based on Ezequiel Cuellar’s observations. These practices will help any software development team as they come up against common obstacles. They will also contribute to a solid foundation for healthier development and help speed up production. The seven practices are:
- Improve business processes before starting development.
- Create a solid software development team.
- Improve processes for service requests.
- Minimize reporting of software metrics.
- Improve communication with the business team.
- Use the right programming language.
- Use the right IDE.
The practices target problems that are better addressed at the management level. Usually, developers can only report the issues to upper management for consideration. Because project managers have the necessary level of authorization, they are the ideal candidates to promote these practices within the organization.