CouchDB was accepted for incubation at the Apache Software Foundation a couple of months ago. My congrats to the development team! It’s a very interesting and challenging project, and the fact that it was accepted for incubation will definitely get the team exited.
What is CouchDB?
- A document database server, accessible via a RESTful JSON API.
- Ad-hoc and schema-free with a flat address space.
- Distributed, featuring robust, incremental replication with bi-directional conflict detection and management.
- Getting Started with PHP
- Aquick tutorial to get you up and running with CouchDB
- PHPillow – a PHP CouchDB wrapper