TypeFriendly is a documentation generation script written in PHP5. It was designed to be easy in use and it allows to achieve the first results immediately, a couple of minutes after you start the work. The script contains everything you need to write clear, multilingual documentation for your project, so that you do not have to code everything on your own.
The most important features of TypeFriendly:
- Modular documentation structure – it is generated from text files and the structure and navigation are generated from the file names.
- Simple syntax – the text is written in intuitive and clean Markdown syntax.
- Multilingual support and tools – TypeFriendly allows you to create your manuals in many language versions. It also contains a tool that shows whether the derived languages are up-to-date.
- Configurable output formats – currently, TypeFriendly is able to generate the documentation in XHTML (many pages) and XHTML (single page). There is also a third format – metadata – still under development. It will allow to import the docs to a database in order to make an on-line version with, for example, user comments.
- Various add-ons such as syntax highlighting, references, class description fields.
- Navigation generators.
- It is portable – works under Linux, FreeBSD and Windows. All you need is the PHP interpreter available.
TypeFriendly is distributed under the terms of GNU General Public License 3, which means that you can use, modify and share it for free.