I looked through this blog’s statistics to find out which posts got the most page views in 2008. Here are the top 10 posts:
- 30 Useful PHP Classes and Components
- Where is the include coming from?
- Open-source PHP applications that changed the world
- 10 great articles for optimizing MySQL queries
- 20 MediaWiki Extensions You Should Be Using
- Zend Framework Architecture
- Loading models within modules in the Zend Framework
- Scalable and Flexible Directory Structure for Web Applications
- BBC’s New Infrastructure: Java and PHP
- Code Refactoring Guidelines
Each post was written for a reason. “Open-source applications that changed the world” is my favourite one. It not only brings back good memories, but also shows our commitment to the open-source community and our passion for developing and supporting open-source software. Zend Framework was the most popular Web application in 2008. Yes, Dow Jones, HSBC and even the BBC is using it. In case you haven’t notice, I spent the last 12 months promoting the Zend Framework, reason why it gets mentioned in 6 of the posts. I’m also glad that “Code Refactoring Guidelines” made it to the top 10. It shows that the PHP community cares.